Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Have Fought The Good Fight 2 Timothy 4:7-8

I want someday to be able to say this as Paul did:

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7-8

I don't think I'm that righteous as yet though. I still have a long way to go. I sort of wish that I had the kind of conversion that Paul did. But then again he was one of those counted as "righteous" before his conversion...and I most definitely was no such thing.

Of course their idea of righteousness was basically a pile of poop...but he had discipline for sure. And he knew the scriptures already. He was one of those who held to the letter of the law...even if he didn't quite manage the spirit. He had a lot going for him.

It wasn't enough. Which I guess evens things out a bit. All his so called "righteousness" did him no good till he met the Lord on the Damascus road and had his eyes opened. So I guess it really doesn't matter how fast your eyes are opened...how quickly you manage to change...only that you do see, do change.

I'm working on it. As for the longing for his appearing...that I do. The world is in need of his return already...and the need is only going to get worse.

Lord haste the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment