Saturday, September 3, 2011

As A Man Sows, So Shall He Reap

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." Galations 6:7

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I read something about it the other day and it has been on my mind off an on since then.

You might think it isn't really accurate. We see a lot of people apparently getting away with sowing some bad things. Celebrities and politicians seem to sow a great many "wild oats" and do not appear to be reaping what you and I think they deserve.

We have seen a lot of stories lately about corrupt corporate officials too. Most of them don't seem to be having many "bad" consequences.  Some apparently get away with illegal and unethical behaviors without any consequences at all.

We can rest assured however that even if we can't see it, even if the person involved thinks he got away with it...there will be consequences. He will reap what he sowed eventually. If not in this life...then at the judgement.

Most of use do reap one way or another in this life. I smoked for almost 30 years and am now reaping the harvest of that. I sowed a few "wild oats" of my own back in my younger days too. The harvest from those wasn't anything I would have chosen either.

Lately I have been sowing a bit of impatience and irritation. I don't even want to know what the harvest of that is going to be like. I need to work on my planting for sure. I want to sow a bit more mercy, patience, kindness, generosity, and love. I have a feeling I may be in desperate need of a harvest of such things before too much longer.

I had better put in a good crop. How has your sowing been going lately?

2 comments:

  1. Very convicting...thank you for sharing.
    I want to sow to reap a good crop.
    Blessing,
    Kara @ The Chuppies/NOBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once I can actually say that I have been sowing patience, and love. Hopefully I can continue on such a path. (My normal path is impatience and irritation.)

    I am new to the NOBH crew. Just wanted to stop in to say hello, and thank you for linking up with NOBH!

    ReplyDelete