Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Father Gives Really Good Gifts

I got a wonderful gift yesterday. A lovely rocking chair.
My Rocking Chair.

I have wanted a rocking chair for a while. My mom has a couple of them on her porch and they are great to sit in and enjoy the breezes. Lowes and several other stores have rocking chairs just inside the doors. The rocking chairs they have are painted white or black. They costs about 100 dollars. The cost is what kept me from buying one before. I'm really glad I didn't get one of those now.


My brother-in-law got this one somewhere and had it sitting on the porch of his restaurant. My husband knew I liked it and managed to get it for me(with Gods help). And we didn't have to pay a $100 bucks for it. This one is also much better made than the ones they have in the stores. I think it must have been made by a craftsman and not by a factory. It is made of heavy thick wood and stained a lovely golden color. I like it much better than the ones in the stores as well.

So remember if sometimes you don't get what you think you want...maybe you are going to get something better later. And even if you don't seem to be getting anything right now...God has wonderful plans for you. In his time.

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. I love the rocker! It looks old and old is always better. I have finally gotten the release date for my book and a book trailer. I hope you will stop by to have a look.

    http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful rocking chair!! I think god gives you what you need and if he doesn't give you something you want there is a reason. Far be it from us to understand why? Only he knows....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise G, Yep you are right I think...he gives us what we need...unless he has a good reason not to...

    ReplyDelete