Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Do Not Be Amazed At This" John 5:28-30

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out--those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgement is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me." John 28-30

I really like this. All the passages that speak of the resurrection. People these days seem to have forgotten all about this. Most of the church services these days don't mention it. There are other passages that deal with the dead rising. The "dry bones" the "sea giving up the dead in it". I like those.

And he says his judgment is just,  because he seeks to please God and not to please himself. That would seem to mean that anyone who seeks to please God instead of themselves could have judgement that is Just. That would be a wonderful thing. There doesn't seem to be much all that much good judgement in the world these days. We could definitely use it.

Let us hope Jesus brings back his just judgment soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment