Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Time Is Coming-John 5:25

"I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live." John 5:25

I love this verse. It is such a wonderful promise.

There are other verses that start out with the phrase "I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come.."

One such talks about worshiping in spirit and truth. Another says "you will be scattered" John 4:23 John 16:32

Another says: "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." 2 Timothy 4:3

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13

Something to look forward to! Just have to be sure not to let my ears get control of me. Not such an easy thing to do...

2 comments:

  1. We do need to be aware constantly that the time is coming. That keeps us on our toes and alert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanda,
    Yes I need reminding especially when I'm having a bad time. Like the last week I've been sick and dealing with family problems. I needed this reminder badly. I will probably have to refresh my memory constantly for the next few weeks! It is so easy to forget.

    Thanks for visiting and commenting!

    ReplyDelete